Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First Post!

o this is my first blog post! I've been wanting to start a blog for ages, but never got around to it until now. I hope to use this blog as a place to share my art - photography, art journaling, mixed media, design... I love experimenting with colours and textures and lots and lots of layers.

The blog title comes from the lights I have strung up over the little art corner in my room - I love them and find them really inspirational.
Fairy Lights
And here's a shot of my horribly messy art desk, and an unfinished journal page.
Messy Desk
I also have an inspiration wire above my desk; with photos, papers, magazine pages, postcards, and other things that inspire me.
Inspiration Wire
So that's where I make my art!
I think that's it for now - this is exciting!
xo

6 comments:

  1. Your art space looks great! It should be messy because that means you're using it!

    I like your idea of an inspiration wire to hang things on and I just might steal the idea. I never seem to have a bulletin board big enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool - I just happen to have put up a drying line over my work space and its already started to get inspirations hung on it too!

    (I wish blogger didn't do this style of comment by default... I have to switch browsers if I want to comment... I just thought I'd mention it as those that aren't able to comment in anyway might not find a way to let you know they can't... if that makes sense...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I wanted to congratulate you on your lovely header... I've been blogging for several years and when blogger had a big changeover I took down my banner and never seem to have put up another...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet - Thank you so much!! Yeah, my desk is always messy because I like to be able to sit down and work on something whenever I feel like it, without having to get out all my supplies, hehe!
    Thanks for your compliments on my inspiration wire - I didn't come up with the idea (I've seen them on a few blogs) but I love the idea too! I hope you do make one; I'd love to see it.

    Caroline - Thank you! I love having an inspiration wire - they really are inspiring! Thanks for the heads up about the comments - I think I've fixed it (it took me a while to figure out how, I'm really new to blogging) but let me know if there's any more problems with it.
    And thank you so much for your comments on my header!! I wasn't sure how good it looked at first, but I quite like it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of an inspiration wire and I am definitely inspired by what is hanging off it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your art space is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete