Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stencilry

I've been wanting to try stenciling for a while now, so when I saw that Mary Ann Moss (one of my favourite visual journalers) was running a stencilry workshop I had to sign up! I've had so much fun so far playing around with spray paint and stencils.
The first lesson was using found stencils to create a portfolio to hold all our spray paint experiments. I had so much fun just playing around with colour combinations and layers of paint and found stencils.
Stencilry Portfolio Cover
This is the outside cover of my portfolio. I only have five colours of spray paint at the moment (black, white, silver, light blue and pink) but hopefully I can get some more soon. I used doilies, lace, chipboard letters, and my first handmade stencil that I cut last week on these covers.

Stencilry Portfolio Cover
And the inside covers. I was going to use this as the outside cover but I forgot that the 'C' in my name would be covered up by the tape! :P
I'm quite happy with how this turned out, for my first try - I can't wait to fill it up!
xo

6 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous! I really like the dripping, runny paint....that adds an interesting touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those drips too!

    And we've the same initials as each other... I just haven't found any letter stencils yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, the dripping paint and outlined, stenciled bird stand out and make your portfolio very unique- just beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Clare. This is so cool that you've started your blog! I look forward to reading more. I saw your covers over at the class site and I wanted to tell you how much I like them. I esp. like that there's a hummingbird on it! That is a neato touch. I LOVE the birdies!

    here's to an excellent class. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaihn - Thank you so much - I love what you've been doing as well.

    Janet - Thank you!! I couldn't help myself with the drippy paint; I really like that look.

    Caroline - Thanks so much! And that's so cool that we have the same initials!

    Paula - Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I'm glad you liked it.

    Chris - Thanks so much!! I've wanted to start a blog for so long, so this is really exciting! Thanks for your comments on my covers - I love birds too (actually most of the stencils I've been cutting for this weeks class seem to be birds, hehe).

    ReplyDelete